In this article we look at the need for marketing coaching for small business, and why creating the skillset internally within your organisation is essential. Find out what it is, how it helps, and the options available to you.
If you are reading this article that’s brilliant. You are CURIOUS about marketing for your small business, and curiosity is a major FUEL for businesses. The fuel of success!
Getting curious allows us to see our blind spots – the areas of marketing that we really need to press on with – to learn, to implement, to strategise, to build the empire!
Sadly for some businesses, a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing indeed. By implementing a few elements of marketing, some businesses feel they have great capability, when in fact they are just scratching the surface and they don’t know what they actually need to do to get real results.
That’s where Marketing Coaching for small businesses can help massively.
Are you familiar with the 4 stages of competence?
How do you know if you need Marketing Coaching for your Small Business?
Well, answer these questions:
- Are you somewhat dissatisfied with the number of leads and sales coming into the business?
- Are you missing the mark on your targets?
- Is your Marketing limited to dabbling in one of two marketing channels?
- Are you reliant of word of mouth and networking?
If the answer is ‘YES’ to one of more of these, then you are probably incompetent in some way (harsh but fair) and it’s time to take the bull by the horns.
First of all, let’s find out what we do, as marketing coaches:
A great marketing coach has buckets of expertise, and works closely with you to help you build outstanding marketing capability in your business. We call it “All Star Level Marketing”.
With this kind of support, you’ll know the roadmap forward, and will be able to embed an amazing marketing programme, that is capable of getting you the results you want – taking into consideration your type of business, your mission and your goals/targets.
There’s a whole range of work that marketing coaching will undertake for your small business – not least:
- Making sure that what you are marketing (your product or service) is packaged up appropriately for marketing
- Design the marketing system or funnel with you that will generate leads
- Coach you through the step-by-step processes of each of the marketing channels
- Help you establish the marketing tech and assets you need to get the job done
- Help you acquire the marketing skill that you need to be successful – either yourself or a member of the team
And so much more.
So how do you know if you need Marketing Coaching?
Well, it’s likely that the signs are there, and they’ll be rearing their ugly head in one way of another. Let’s look at some examples:
- Your marketing is non-existent or sporadic at best
- The marketing you are doing is not delivering the results you want
- You are outsourcing your marketing, but you know you want to develop the skill in-house (as every business eventually should)
- You know you have gaps in your business that are preventing your growth, but you just can’t see the wood for the trees
- You are spending way too much time, resource and/or money on your marketing, and you want better control and a more refined system that works.
Marketing Coaching for Small Business comes in all shapes and sizes, and for all budgets.
One-to-One Marketing Coaching
If you want one-to-one coaching, the benefits are vast, in that:
- You have a marketing coaching professional working directly with you and your business
- They keep you accountable
- You may implement more over a shorter period of time
- You’ll feel in total control and highly supported as you go through the coaching process
Of course one-to-one coaching often comes with a higher price tag, when group coaching may be of high benefit and value for money.
Group Marketing Coaching for Small Business
If Group Marketing Coaching is something to explore, then this also comes with a fantastic list of benefits
- The price tag is often smaller
- You get to work within a community of other businesses, sharing ideas, challenges and reaping the benefit of the support and learnings of the group sessions.
- The same outcomes will be provided – you may just need to have a little more marketing mojo, to ensure you actually do the implementation
What about a Hybrid of the two – Group Marketing Coaching and One-to-One Marketing Coaching?
At All Star Marketing Club, we offer a blend of both Group Marketing Coaching and One-to-One Marketing Coaching, meaning you get the best of both worlds. If you’d like to know more about this, then read up about our Inner Circle Programme. It’s full of those businesses who want to benefit from marketing training, marketing coaching, a fantastic community of business owners – and of course hit their all-important business growth objectives off the back of this support.